Giving another person or an advertising agency access to your Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn accounts is more complex than it should be. Here are the simple steps for adding agencies or consultants to your accounts
Twitter ad account access
While logged in, the account owner or admin needs to go to ads.twitter.com
In the top right, select the dropdown under your account name
- If you have access to multiple twitter ad accounts, you can switch to the ad account you want by selecting “Switch accounts”
Click “Edit access to account”
Add @firstconversion as Account Administrator
Please make sure to check the “Can compose promotable tweets” box that appears
For Facebook, the agency will need access to two different things
- The facebook page
- The facebook ad account
For the Facebook page access:
The agency should request access from their Facebook Business Manager umbrella account. The page owner can log in and OK the access.
For the Facebook ad account:
- The agency will need to ask the account owner to go to the Ad Account tab in their Business Manager and click Assign Partner
- To give the agency access, the account owner will need to enter the agency number and choose a role
- For example, my agency number is 300445967025103
- Give the agency the following access
- Ad account admin
- Ad account advertiser
- Ad account analyst
Linkedin ad account access
Account Managers can manage permissions for other users assigned to an advertising account in the Campaign Manager tool. You need to give two types of access – access to see the account and access to create promoted posts
To access user permissions for an advertising account:
- Sign in to Campaign Manager.
- Locate and click into the account where you want to add, edit or remove a user.
- In the navigation bar near the top of the account page, click the Settings icon next to the account name and select Manage access from the dropdown.
- Click Add user to account in the upper right corner of the Manage access pop-up window.
- Enter the name of the user and select the correct name from the dropdown list.
- Select a role from the dropdown list. Learn more about roles and functions for account users.
- Click Add user to account
2. Click the blue Edit button in the upper right.
3. Scroll down to the Direct Sponsored Content Creators section and add my name to the list.
4. Click Publish in the upper right.
Note: You can only add people who are 3rd-degree connections or less. So the consultant or person from the agency should like your business page to show up on the list so you can give them access